As we are into ‘the New Normal Life’ ?, I see all of us have learned a lot of skills in staying safe and winning our lives back ?.
Here are some items, tools, or gadgets that help with respect to safety and staying safe in this new norm with hand washing, sanitizing and contact-less living, and of course social distancing.
Please share your comments on our Simple Reviews Facebook page so we can improve our posts.
Please share this with friends & family.
- Who is this article for:
- We also recommend these for the new norm:
- Top 10 Essentials for the ‘new normal life’ in India
- Bonus Pics: Best utility but a bit pricey
- References, Good Reads & Credits:
Who is this article for:
- For all us of living the ‘new normal life’.
- For those hygiene concerned people.
We also recommend these for the new norm:
How you can Support us & our Affiliations: We value our visitors and provide them with valuable, unbiased, and honest reviews and content. We spend days on each article. To support our efforts financially, we earn fees when someone buys by clicking on a product link on our site. So if you like our post, please do click on our site links so we get supported. And as an Amazon Associate, we earn on qualifying purchases. (details)
Top 10 Essentials for the ‘new normal life’ in India
A word of caution: Read instructions WHO guidelines and get to know how to put these to best use. Mistakes in proper use may not give the protection you need such as sharing a mask or wearing it below the nose.
- This may be the most important item we need. Read more about it here – Different types of face mask to use during the COVID-19 pandemic
- I always keep one or two extra masks in the pocket or my bag, also in my vehicle. Who knows when we contaminate the one we are wearing by touching it. Or a friend or family member may need one.
- I would use a solid reusable one most of the times but I also use disposable ones for short periods.
- Here are our picks:
- Reusable – OROMASK Cotton Washable Half Face Mask
- Washable, reusable, covers face & nose and most of the lower face. Also very affordable.
- Disposable – PATWAHOUSE Disposable Surgical Air Polution Face Mask 3Ply
- Soft, lightweight,Comfortable, odorless, Easy breathable, effective multilayer bacterial filter. 3 ply Disposable Face Mask
- Check out more choices at Amazon India.
- Another essential item for all those that step out of the house and want to be careful about the contact-based contagion.
- I always keep a small one handy in the pocket and recommend 50 ml bottles.
- And for all other purposes, a 200 ml would be a good option.
- And spray based sanitizers have their own place as we need them when we have to clean surfaces of objects and hard to reach areas.
- Here are my choices, and I have tried a good number before settling down to these below. Check out more choices at Amazon India
- These are improvised and unconventional ways of using these but these have been most useful for me in my day to day living.
- Yes, these are simple ‘oven mittens’ that I grabbed from our kitchen and putting to use.
- I put them on when I step out of my apartment and I can use them to operate almost all things on my way to work such as opening doors, operating lists (elevator), receiving courier packages, and on and on.
- Much simpler to wear and remove than full gloves, or even disposable gloves. And washable.
- I’ve bought these for best value – Silicone Microwave Oven Mitts or Mittens
- Though slightly thinner than the ones I use for my own, these are very good for this contact-less use.
- Check out more choices at Amazon India
- These prevent the secondary contact in today’s day to day life.
- We picked the gloves that are simple to use and do not complicate things
- Disposable – best for many tasks. We can keep some in the pocket or handbag. Put them on whenever we come in contact with the suspicious or unsanitized surface or item. Then dispose of.
- Reusable for Home & Kitchen – there are many tasks that we end up doing in sanitizing the items we buy whether for kitchen or home. These can be used in various situations. We preferred these over the tight ones as the tight gloves do not last long.
- Our pick – Max Home Magic Silicone Dish Washing Gloves
- Check out more choices at Amazon India
- Can be very handy not only for the people on the go, but at home and for taking care of baby gear (do not use of babies), for electronic gadgets and computers and cellphones. You name it.
- Made with the same WHO standards based sanitizers but come soacked with a wipe so you can use it on the larger surfaces for effective cleaning.
- I would not mind using thse on hands for immediate sanitization and then go about washing at a later time so my hands won’t dry out.
- Check out more options on Amazon India.
- We shall not be any less careful with the food. I know most of us are following a very good routine with vegetables cleaning.
- These below greatly help.
- It can add extra protection if we can also clean them once in foamy soap water, preferably natural foam. And in the next step, make sure to get rid of any chemicals this soap cleaning adds by cleaning with natural vegetable disinfectants.
- This is the time when we want to make sure we use the right disinfectant even by paying the extra. It’s not just how it looks but how well it disinfects, that’s what is important now.
- There are many non-branded and less expensive ones that do the job as far as cleaning is concerned. But we recommend using these or other similar ones so for the same effort you can make sure you and your family get the right protection.
- Our picks are below and check Amazon India for more options.
- If you are into people facing tasks, jobs, or want that extra bit of protection, this can certainly be that tool for you.
- This adds that extra bit and prevents others’ breath to reach your face.
- Note that you are required to and advised to wear a good mask even with this shield.
- Our picks are – best quality and best value, below. Checkout Amazon India for more options.
- As much as we do not want to use them, these are essential at home and offices too these days.
- It is always better to know ahead if the fever is coming to hit anyone at family or even in the office. So we can take care of them and protect others.
- For home use – Dr Trust (USA) Forehead Digital Infrared Thermometer
- And do not forget, if you are careful about social distancing and want to check an outsider of the group who may be temporarily mixing with your group, these industrial-grade contactless thermometers are very good.
- Our pick for contactless use – Smile Mom Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer Gun
- Many offices and even families do check for fever temperatures before allowing an outsider into the premises.
- Don’t forget to sanitize if these are changing hands from one to the other.
- Check out more choices at Amazon India.
10. Sanitizable Handbags or Prectors
- Do not undermine the importance of having a handbag that can be sanitized or even washed. What good is it if we take care of our hands and face but not the bag.
- A. We recommend washable bags, more than a few. So you can frequently wash them, for the best sanitization.
- One such is EcoRight Canvas Tote
- But find what suits you. The criteria to be fully washable without the leather or non-washable parts.
- B. A stylish alternative would be something made of PVC without many decorations or external designs. So, you can use sanitizer on the exterior effectively.
- Here is a sample and a good one MIMISKU Women’s Handbag with Sling Bag & Wallet
- But suite your personal style, without missing the point that the surface should be easily sanitizable and should not get spoiled with alcohol-based sanitizers.
- C. A protective cover, a very effective method to cover your own stylish handbag and yet keep it free of contact. The key point is the external cover should be washable or disposable or sanitizable.
- We picked disposable methods, for ease of use and it will show off your handbag at least to some extent. You can use these to cover your handbag and cut the plastic wrap at the opening of your handbag. Here is our pick for the plastic wrap – Raj Stretch Wrap
- Here is a washable alternative – EcoRight Cotton Tote Bag Plain – Reusable, though it would hide your stylish handbag.
Bonus Pics: Best utility but a bit pricey
11. UV Sanitizers – pricey yet very useful for families and small businesses.
- Many families that I know, including ours, are going through lot of hassle every day trying to disinfect many day to day needs for their families.
- A few months ago, I came to know about the UV use for disinfecting and that prototypes are being made. Now, they are commercially available.
- These are easy to use and can always replace your existing disinfecting process or add an easy extra step.
- Check out the below picks, one from a very trusted company and the other for the best value at low cost.
- Orient Electric UV Sanitech One Touch Sanitization/ Sterilization Box (Kills 99.99% Germs in 4 Minutes. Tested and Certified at NABL accredited lab (Made in India, 34 litres, Silver)
- HOME 360® TRU-V UVCare X | ICMR Empaneled Lab Certified (UV Sterilizer for Home & Hospital. Sterilizes within mins)
- Also, check out our dedicated review on these UV sanitizers here – Top 6 UV sanitizers for Indian homes & small biz
- Another item that you may not undermine the importance of having if you have a driver and want to be safe.
- It is widely known that many a celebrity, and in fact many people, have been exposed to the unwanted health crisis because of one of their drivers, maids, or staff.
- And it is very important to protect yourself, especially in a closed space as in a car when you have a driver.
- This method is widely in use by many Taxi companies and even many private individuals are putting these to use.
- You can find local car accessories shops where they can assemble these for you. Would cot you more and you may have to sanitize afterward.
- Or you could do it yourself by buying a kit but these kits are generic and require assembly. These kits, you will have to do it yourself.
- Check if you could do this on your own here – how the isolation kits can be installed, on Youtube.
- Pick a kit that is compatible with your car & model or go for a little larger model so you can cut off the extra portions.
- These may be used for Vans like Toyota Innova or SUV like Toyota Fortuner.
- Full Rear Side Divider Film – Full front row seats are isolated
- WolkomHome Isolation Partition Curtain & Protective Transparent PVC Car Safe Protector (Maruti Suzuki Swift Type-4)
- Driver Side Divider Film – Driver Seat Only Isolated