I personally have used over 30 or more salad makers and food processors over the years. And I am a fan of these because they save lots of time once we learn how to use them. In the list below, I have used and owned many and know the rest of how well they could do.
I have done a good deal of research on the ‘Salad Makers’ that I can also use for cutting, grating, and copping for day-to-day cooking. In today’s situation in India (the year 2020), when we would not want maids to come in and help us with the kitchen and other household works, it has become a daunting task? with vegetables for my household.
On top, we started eating Salads as part of our meal now. This is a great thing for me as everyone in the family accepted Salads ? as they understand the importance of immunity more than ever. Actually, I tried to introduce Salads for a long time but it didn’t work. None, like to adopt including me ?.
Anyways, these are what I found in my research. All of them are very good. Just that they suit different needs or criteria such as the number of family members you cook for (small vs large), or you prefer electric over manual chopper or your use these mostly for fine dicing, etc.
Lastly, I picked this for my family cause I have to prepare food for six, do a lot of salads and cooking and I would not want to spend extra money on an electric one. Besides, I considered that using this already lessens my effort, so I would not need electricity to further ease it.
BTW, I recommend to check out the below article that has lot of Indian diet-specific information and tips on Vegetable Salads and your health.
Who is this article for
- For all the cooking enthusiasts, healthy food lovers, moms or dads who love cooking for home or who take care of feeding the entire family.
- Yep, this is also for those who just want to make their lives easy in the kitchen, and more so for the busy professionals who want to stay healthy eating at home.
- Lastly but not last of all, for the young generation who want things get done fast and easy, and yet want to want their own creative flair.
MUST-KNOW Tips (Warning ?? ):
- If you are starting to use these great kitchen tools of trade “vegetable processors”, then you have to know the initial phase will be a bit difficult because …
- you are faster on your own with a knife or some other cutting tool that you are used to, until you get to experience with these new gadgets
- you do not get the same cut or size that you like until you figure out how to cut it using this tool. And many times in my experience, the results are equally good or even better.
- this tool either mashes too much or leaves larger chunks, that is until you figure out the right way to use this tool.
All the below are our best picks and hence we did not order them by rating.
|Best Value:||Ganesh Multipurpose Vegetable & Fruit Chopper Cutter Grater Slicer|
|Lowest Priced:||Pigeon Handy Mini Plastic Chopper with 3 Blades|
|The Best:||Morphy Richards HBCS 400-Watt Hand Blender|
References & Credits
- Image credit –Wood photo created by kjpargeter – www.freepik.com