- Plan Ahead:
- Check out items you have in stock and how long each necessary item lasts. Plan to purchase items to last at least 2 weeks. This can help you handle any unforeseen situations with delivery because of containment issues.
- Keep a bit more stock:
- It is a good idea to order ahead, even if an item is still in stock but may soon run out. Keep at least about 2 weeks of inventory. So if there is an item that will come for one week, then do not wait until it’s over. But order ahead.
- Minimize the number of times you shop:
- Instead of ordering smaller quantities, order about double or so (for non-perishable items). This will minimize your exposure to others, the exposed surfaces, and unnecessary interactions.
- Prepare for necessary interaction with others:
- Opt for “contactless shopping”, if possible.
- Be prepared for delivery. Be available on the phone to guide the delivery person.
- At the time of delivery, do not forget to wear a mask. It is good for both of you and mandatory.
- Be prepared to receive the items:
- Plan to keep delivered items away and away from children too for 3 – 4 days, as recommended. So keep the area ready.
- Be ready with bags if the delivery company does not give you bags like BigBasket.
- Once you receive the delivery, sanitize hands thoroughly even if we think we have not touched anything. Many times we are not sure.
Social Distancing Saves
Image credits: Medical vector created by freepik – www.freepik.com